It is estimated that the building sector contributes 26% of carbon emissions in NJ. Residents and businesses can use less energy and save up to 30% on their energy bills through energy efficiency upgrades.
Reducing the energy bills and carbon emissions of your home is easy thanks to the grants available from New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program and PSE&G. Whether you want to get paid to recycle a refrigerator or you want a Home Energy Audit to make comprehensive changes to your home, New Jersey has inexpensive ways for you to succeed.
Do your part by reducing energy consumption while saving money using NJ Clean Energy Program and offset the rest using Carbon Credits to achieve a carbon neutral life.
HOME ENERGY AUDITS & UPGRADES WITH PSE&G
The best way to start your journey toward home energy efficiency is to complete a Home Energy Audit and get expert advice to identify energy-saving (and cost saving) opportunities in your home. These kinds of energy efficiency upgrades will also provide more comfort. There several programs offered:
1) A Quick Home Energy Checkup is a 1-hour walkthrough with an energy professional to pinpoint all the ways your home can save more energy and money. Schedule a 1-hr Home Energy Checkup. After the audit they may discuss ways you can get discounts on things like faucet aerators, water heater pipe insulation, smart power strips, etc.
2) Home Performance Audit & Upgrades - This audit is not free, but is more thorough and can result in greater savings. Within a few weeks, you’ll receive a custom report with recommendations about steps you can take to reduce your energy use, control costs, and take advantage of rebates and financing options. And, you could qualify for rebates up to $5,000 and be eligible for a no interest, on-bill repayment program to help pay for your upgrades.
Find a qualified contractor then get rebates when you upgrade your home to be more energy efficient.
3) For Low income residents, take advantage of Comfort Partners - call 800-915-8309 or fill out the form. This program is designed to give financial assistance to low income families making less than $111,650 (with 8 family members). The audit is free and can significantly reduce your energy use and save you money.
4) Home Weatherization for Income Qualified Families - Based on your income level, you may be eligible to receive a no-cost energy efficiency inspection to identify energy-saving opportunities. Qualified families get up to $7500 worth of energy efficiency upgrades, call 855-846-2895 for details.
5) Multi-Family Dwelling Energy Check - Call 855-846-2895 for professional advice on making your multi-family dwelling more energy efficient to save money.
Residential New Construction. New Jersey has a great incentive program to help builders step-up to building ENERGY STAR homes. Energy Star homes are designed to achieve 15% more energy efficiency than the building code. Residential New Construction Incentive Table.
APPLIANCE RECYCLING AND REBATES
Recycle old refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers responsibly (collecting old freon) and get $50 for the first appliance and $25 for others. Schedule a pickup here or call 888-484-8313.
New Appliance Rebates - Call 855-846-2895 for rebates on Energy Star appliances.
LED Lighting Discounts - Call 855-846-2895 for rebates on LED lighting.
HVAC Rebates - Call 855-846-2895 for Energy Star HVAC systems.